[Qt-creator] Qt-Creator doesn't take into account my settings

Gilles Habran gilleshabran at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 07:30:14 CET 2012

Good morning,

It's been a while since I used Qt Creator and I gave it another try
yesterday. My computer is running ArchLinux 64bits and qtcreator 2.4.1-1.

I'm used to have 3 spaces instead of tab so I tried to configure that in Qt
Creator :

Tools -> options -> Text Editor ->

Tab policy : spaces only, tab size 3, indent size 3

Even in FakeVim (even if use FakeVim is unchecked)... just to be sure.

Unfortunately, when I press Tab, I have the default number of spaces : 2.

I tried to change to a bigger number like 6 spaces but it doesn't work
either... I even tried to reboot, nothing changed.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

GH