[Qt-creator] Custom Documentation in QtCreator

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 06:22:57 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 28 March 2012 17:11:04 Mohammad Mirzadeh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have custom class documentation inside QtCreator? I like
> the "F1" feature of QtCreator for built-in classes and was thinking if it
> possible to extend it to my own classes?

Of course.

If your code is documented with doxygen format, you can use doxygen to extract
and compile your code's documentation into a .qch package (see doxygen
documentation for full details) that you can then add to qtcreator using the
configuration dialog's "Help" section.

If you can't get around to the process, write to me in private, I will try to
recover our procedure and describe it in detail.

Also, you might find of interest that there already are .qch packages
available for the Linux man pages (system calls), C++ reference and STL:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Creator_Documentation_Gallery

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org