[Qt-creator] QTCreator 4.8/ QTSDK1.2 Seggy Fault upon debug launch.

John Carroll jecjackal at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 04:40:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

After upgrading to a new machine, I am constantly getting a segmentation fault upon launching GDB through QTCreator. The specific crash message is shown in "Seggy Fault.png". This occurs when QApplication or QCoreAppplication instances. Attached is the screen shot of the dissasembly right where the segmentation fault occur ed as well as the left pane of the debugger log. I would attach the right pane but the text was 5MB; I didn't want to bog down everyone's email. If it helps, I'd be more than happy to send it.

I'm hoping someone has a solution to this problem. Oddly enough, the first time i run QTCreator after an installation, everything works fine. However, after I close QTCreator once, I get these segmentation faults every single time I attempt to debug. I made a new GUI project and immediately tried debugging without adding any code. The segmentation fault occured and these debugger logs are from that project.

Specs:
Windows 7 x64
CPU: AMD FX-8150 (Its octal core; not sure if that could be contributing to the problem).

Thank you for your time,

Jec