[Qt-creator] indent preprocessor directives

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Mon May 7 12:50:14 CEST 2012

All:

> ...for me it's easier to identify #directive in code than hash
> in first column and directive somewhere in the middle of line
> between C++ code.

  I second Konstantin's point.

  I've spent decades becoming accustomed to / training my brain
  to the idea that keywords that begin with a "#" belong to the
  preprocessor and that everything else belongs to the compiler*.
  And I'll bet I'm not alone in this.

  If folks are suddenly going to start writing

#     directive

  then I predict you're going to see a lot of errors that will
  have as their root cause someone's accidental misunderstanding
  of this basic concept. And if you tried to submit code like
  that to my project, as the project's architect, I wouldn't
  accept it.

                         Atlant

* "#pragma" aside.