[Qt-creator] Setting Creator up for X-compiling to freescale

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue May 8 00:31:56 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 12:40:04PM -0700, Jason H wrote:
> I have a legacy project that I hope to get running and use QtCreator
> for.
>
> This is all C code at the moment but I hope to still be able to use
> qmake and creator. I also have a USB tap for debugging, that I was
> hoping I could get using with Creator.
>
> Is there some kind of step-by-step manual to walk me through how to
> get it going?

Not really. To get a (dummy) .pro file, use 'qmake -project'. Either
refine that, or use it for editing only, remove the 'qmake' build
step and use whatever buildsystem have been used before.

For the usb tap you might be out of luck. There is no special support
for it in Creator. Maybe you can cobble something together using
gdb/gdbserver and openocd, but I've never tried this myself.
In any case, I'd be interested in hearing about your findings.

If you manage to get a debugging solution on the command line
up and running it should be possible to access it from Creator.

Andre'