[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 2.5 rc bugs

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Wed May 9 11:22:02 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 09 May 2012 10:20:38 ext Peter Pearson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given that 2.5's due to be release soon, I was just wondering about the
> status of two bugs that for me are pretty big regressions from 2.4. 2.5
> is a lot more usable than 2.4 for me due to the linux screen redraw
> issues being fixed with the new Qt, but:
>
> QTCREATORBUG-7277 - is pretty annoying, seeing as this used to work
> perfectly in 2.4.
>
> QTCREATORBUG-7285 - I notice a commit has been pushed to master for
> this, but will it make it to 2.5?
No, to quote: "The reason for the cryptic error message is, that your system
qt is missing a library you are trying to link. And the linker after not
finding it in the library search paths as a fall-back looks at LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
where it finds the private qt libraries of creator. That is fixed, you'll now
get a proper errror message."

daniel