[Qt-creator] Setting Creator up for X-compiling to freescale

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed May 9 19:52:17 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 01:12:45AM -0700, Mohammad Mirzadeh wrote:
> Ok I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I attach the debugger to
> the process it only brings up the disassembler and does not go into
> the source. I have the .pro file based on which the make file was
> generated, but I'm not sure how I should be using it when I'm
> attaching the debugger to a process?

If you see only assembler for a stack frame it mean you don't have debug
information and/or sources available for the current location.

There are several possible reasons;

  - you attached while the process was in some library for
    which you don't have debuginfo installed (happens often
    for glib eventloop or similar)

  - you attach to process compiled without debug info (often
    called "Release" build)

  - the debug info is there, but the debugger did not pick it up

To find out which case you are in, please attach the full debugger
log (right pane of Windows->Views->Debugger Log)

Andre'