[Qt-creator] How to take inputs from two keybaords for different dialog boxes

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Thu May 10 12:33:53 CEST 2012

Navneet:

  This sounds like a Linux problem rather than a Qt problem.

  Isn't it the Linux Keyboard Driver that's effectively "pairing"
  the keyboards? That is, by the time Qt gets the I/O, the
  input from the two keyboards is already deliberately
  indistinguishable.

  There's probably already some Linux setup parameter
  somewhere that can un-do this, or, as is always true, if
  the feature isn't already there, you can hack the Linux
  drivers.

  This page seems to be a nice general reference:

    http://gunnarwrobel.de/wiki/Linux-and-the-keyboard.html

  This page seems to go pretty directly to your question:

    http://linuxgazette.net/124/smith.html

  Together, they may give you some ideas. Once the Linux problem
  is solved, *THEN* it can become a Qt problem.

                                             Atlant