[Qt-creator] Detecting different build configurations in the .pro file

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Thu May 10 16:35:16 CEST 2012

We're building for an embedded linux device.  I have a build of qt libs
using the linux frame buffer instead of x and a build of qt using the
regular linux desktop stuff.  For development I build with the desktop
version.  For deployement and hardware testing I build with the frame
buffer version.  This works well.

The trouble is that I have some static libs for qwt and
qtsingleapplication, among others that when built, use conditional
builds based on Win32 or X11.  So when built for linux they use X11 but
when I'm building my app for the target, there is no X11.  So I have
builds of the libs with the frame buffer version of qt as well.  This
also works but I have to modify the .pro file each time that I change
build types.

What I'd like to do is somehow in my project file include one version
lib or another based on which build I'm doing.  I was thinking maybe
using the mkspec or something.  The frame buffer version uses
qws/linux-... as opposed to just linux..

Any idea how to achieve this or is it not possible?