[Qt-creator] Troubles with Czech translation of QtC

Ĺ angala sangala at seznam.cz
Sun May 13 21:12:14 CEST 2012

On 05/13/2012 04:25 PM, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> >     The question is: Is a bad translation really better than no
> >     translation at all?
> >
> > NO. BAD TRANSLATIONS WILL GIVE BAD IMPRESSIONS. Fix them.
> >

> Off on a tangent...

> It is possible to start Qt Creator with a particular locale by setting
> an environment variable on linux.
> You can try with a command line similar to
>
> LANG=de ~/QtSDK/QtCreator/bin/qtcreator
>
> I'm not sure if on windows you need to change the machine locale though,
> or if there is another way on linux to switch the language.
>
>/Harri

Hi Harri

Yes, it is possible change locale,
 but the trouble is the Czech translate.

The translation is very confusing and doesn't use common public Czech
terminology for this.
And the author doesn't understand this terms and doesn't  accept an
advices and create new phrazes/terms and mixs different things together.

> > Is a bad translation really better than no translation at all?
No translation is better I'am sure in this case.

Sangala