[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Mon May 28 11:31:20 CEST 2012

On Montag 28 Mai 2012, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez
> <geronimo013 at gmx.com
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry, but I continued with my project and currently I can't build it
> > with
> > QtCreator.
> > That's probably my fault, cause I don't know cmake configuration ...
> > ... but I don't really want to spent time bothering with different make
> > systems.
>
> Try this in your CMakeLists.txt:

> (ugly but works). This enabled debug by default - and you will be able to
> step into your code

Thank you for your support!

Don't know, whether I understand you right.
What difference do you expect by your change? - Does the display of debug
locals depend on that?

If its related to the point, that I could not build the project by QtCreator,
than I already solved it. The point was, I confused a linker error message
with a compiler error and wanted to add a compiler switch, where just another
library needs to get added :O

The build works rather different, when I run cmake from QtCreator to cmake from
commandline from the build directory. QtCreator variant is more verbose, but
creates the same executable as cmake from commandline.
And of cause, both can be debugged by kdevelop and QtCreator.
So I guess, debug mode is already turned on.

What I realized from the verbose QtCreator variant output:
The commandline used to compile the sources is pretty stupid.
Just: c++ -g -o ...

In netbeans I use plenty of compiler switches and enabled lots of warnings.
May be these options are hidden with cmake (passed by environment?), but I'd
like to know about the used compiler switches and probably like to enable
additional warnings too.
Netbeans shows me warnings where cmake-build says nothing.
Additionally the binary from netbeans is smaller (although compiled with debug
mode too).

kind regards

Gero