[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue May 29 19:35:51 CEST 2012

29.05.2012, 20:52, "Geronimo Ma. Hernandez" <geronimo013 at gmx.com>:
> Don't know, whether I do understand what you like to say.
> You don't want QtCreator perform a build, but you spent build an entry at main
> menu level?
>
> To me "perform a build" means do anything necessary to compile and link the
> sources / the project. QtCreator does exactly that.
> It offers all major tags, that are expected by a decent build system.

QtCreator provides an interface between user and build system. It is not a build
system on its own, but relies on existing build systems to prevent Nth reinvention
of the wheel. It doesn't lock you to one imperfect build system like Visual Studio
and Xcode do, but provides you a choice.

--
Regards,
Konstantin