[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.org
Tue May 29 20:32:51 CEST 2012

André:

The problem with GDB debugger versions raises a pair of questions:

1. Is it worth talking to the GDB people to point out that these features
should now be considered part of the external specification of GDB?

2. Failing that, is it worth considering [I shudder] some form of native
debugging support within QtCreator?

I don't love the second idea, because I've built commercial multi-target
debuggers and I know *exactly* how hard it is to do well.

But I don't think there is any harm in talking to the GDB folks. Eclipse
and other IDEs are probably facing the same issues.

shap