[Qt-creator] Colors in QtCreator

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Wed May 30 13:04:16 CEST 2012

Hello,

I needed a bit to realize, that occurrences highlighting is not colored text
but a 3D-Label with gradient.
I wondered why nothing changed with color changes, as I selected some decent
colors (with reduced saturation)

Now that I understand that element, I changed the color to full (0xFF) color
and now I can see the occurrences in decent color - very nice :)

I have to confess, that I enabled block highlighting, so default settings of
occurrences was invisible outside the current block. Now its fine.

I played a bit with colors and realized, that the customized color scheme is
only applied on the editor having the focus.
If you split the editor into 4 editors and save that session and start
QtCreator, only one of the 4 editors gets the customized color scheme applied.
I have to click into each editor, until all editors work with the customized
scheme.

Finally I miss entries in the color scheme list for methods (functions bound
to a class or struct) and functions (unbound c-like functions). Don't know,
whether your parser allows that distinction - I would appreciate the
possibility to distinct those cases by different color.

kind regards

Gero