[Qt-creator] Theory of Operation question concerning configurations

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.org
Thu May 31 19:15:23 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:39 AM, <eike.ziller at nokia.com> wrote:

>  First of all, qmake documentation is pretty lacking, so no blame on you
> ;) Especially the CONFIG variable feels pretty magic sometimes, because it
> mixes several mutually exclusive options, and of these always the last to
> appear is effective. E.g. (debug, release, debug_and_release) and (static,
> shared, static_and_shared).

Yup. And also: many of the CONFIG options that have been discussed in this
thread aren't mentioned in the documents at all. QtCreator uses
'declarative_debug'. Where is that documented? Similarly for
"static_and_shared".

Since the docs are stale, where can I look in the source code to get an
understanding of the CONFIG options?

So, CONFIG+= static_and_shared should do your trick (if CONFIG doesn't get
> a static or shared appended later).

Thank you!

> As a side note, if you have two .pro files that would need to use the same
> source+header files, the "usual" approach is to put the HEADERS and SOURCES
> sections into a .pri file, and include that in your two .pro files.

If I do that, is QtCreator smart enough to update the SOURCES variable (and
so forth) in the .pri file?

Oh. And before I forget: Thank you!

shap