[Qt-creator] Changes to autocomplete in 2.6 (problems with shared_ptr)

Rob Pieke rob-p at moving-picture.com
Fri Oct 5 13:55:06 CEST 2012

New to the list, so sorry if this has been mentioned/asked before.

I've got some code like this:

namespace BlahNS { using boost::shared_ptr; }
void blah() {
    BlahNS::shared_ptr<MyBlah> blahPtr;
    blahPtr->...

At this point, QtCreator2.5 pops up the auto-complete, but 2.6 doesn't.

If I use boost::shared_ptr, then the 2.5/2.6 behaviour is the same (i.e., I get auto-complete in both cases).

If I use the "." operator instead of "->", I get auto-completion for the pointer (not the object) as expected, for both 2.5/2.6.

It'd be awesome not to lose the 2.5 behaviour of being able to autocomplete BlahNS::sharedPtr<>-> :)

Cheers!

- Rob