[Qt-creator] Configuration changes

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at digia.com
Tue Oct 9 10:16:36 CEST 2012

Hello everybody!

Since we are no longer Nokia we decided that we need to move
the settings of Qt Creator. So we made a patch yesterday that
move all settings from
     ~/.config/Nokia (Linux and Mac) and
     %APPDATA%\Roaming\Nokia (Windows)
to a directory named QtProject next to the Nokia one.

Creator will automatically copy the settings to their new place the
_first time_ you run a version that uses the new settings location.
Ideally a user should not notice the move.

Please report any issues you might run into.

We will not delete the old settings in the Nokia folder, so if you
switch between different versions of Qt Creator regularly you should
still have the old settings available in Qt Creator pre-2.6. Creator
will only copy your settings once and will not check the old settings
for changes once they were copied.

If you want to clean out the now unused settings file then you can
safely remove profiles.xml, devices.xml, qtversion.xml and
toolChains.xml as well as anything starting with qtcreator (case
insensitive) and any backup-copies of those files from the Nokia directory.

Other files in the Nokia folder were not created by Qt Creator, so
better keep those.

For SDK-Users:
=================

If you are using Qt versions pre-configured by the SDK: Those need
to move from /path/to/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/Nokia to
/path/to/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/QtProject as well.

If you used the sdktool to create your SDK configuration files: Just
redo your configuration. The sdktool should automatically use the
correct place to house its settings files.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius