[Qt-creator] Bundling external tools
ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 07:54:45 CEST 2012
Hi, I've collected some external tools, nothing special - just handy
utilities for formatting.
I'd like to re-distribute these for others to use, but at the moment
users would need to install executable scripts in their $PATH.
It would be nice if there was an identifier for the path used for external tools
... would be nice to be able to use and identifier like...
This way you could just tell the user to extract an archive into the
externaltools path and it would work immediately.
Or is this already possible somehow?
incase anyones interested - the tools are...
- run uncrustify on the selection
- convert // comment blocks to /* */
- expand non leading tabs into spaces & remove trailing whitespace.
- use meld to diff the repo (nice for side-by-side diff's)
- sort that takes file path slashes into account so deep paths are last.
- right align trailing character, nice for formatting macros that use
a lot of trailing '\' chars in some cases.
More information about the Qt-creator