[Qt-creator] gdb debugging helper

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Oct 28 21:04:19 CET 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 08:37:07PM +0100, Bojan Petrović wrote:
> Sure, here it is. Hope the mailing list allows attachments.

> >=thread-group-added,id="i1"
> >~"GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4\n"

This is good.

> >&"Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB.\n"
> >25^error,msg="Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB."
>
> >&"Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB.\n"
> >26^error,msg="Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB."
>
> >&"Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB.\n"
> >27^error,msg="Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB."

This is bad.

I am afraid you have a crippled GDB build.

GDB uses Python as extension language since version 7.0 (released in 2009)
and Qt Creator heavily uses it since version 2.0 (released in 2010) - except
on Mac, but that's not applicable here.

There should be suitable builds on http://builds.qt-project.org/

Andre'