[Qt-creator] Is MSVC on Windows supported?

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Wed Sep 5 12:42:08 CEST 2012

On 05/09/2012 12:34, ext Peter Kümmel wrote:

> I wonder how you build on Windows, or even care about MS's compiler:

We build it regularly with MSVC without any magic incantations.
And of course we care about MSVC as it's the reference toolchain for
this platform. (I personally do not give a^W^Wcare about MinGW but
that's another story. ;))

> - jom breaks, bad path name:
> Error: dependent
> '..\..\..\lib\qtcreator\plugins\Nokia\e:\sandbox\creator\qt-creator\src\plugins\coreplugin\Core.pluginspec' does not exist.

Yeah this looks wrong. Note the e: in the middle of the path.
You're not trying to build Qt Creator with MSVC using a MinGW Qt, do you?

Cheers,

Jörg