[Qt-creator] Is MSVC on Windows supported?

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Wed Sep 5 13:00:10 CEST 2012

On 05.09.2012 12:50, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> We build it regularly with MSVC without any magic incantations.
>> And of course we care about MSVC as it's the reference toolchain for
>> this platform. (I personally do not give a^W^Wcare about MinGW but
>> that's another story. ;))
>
> MinGW will have a rise because MS again has the worst C++ support,
> MSVC2012 is a joke.

When looking for a MinGW alternative with good C++11 support and
better debugging than gdb I stumbled over the Intel compiler.

I know the non-Studio debugger support for msvc isn't that good,
and using msvc features is prohibited.

Would this improve when a Intel compiler/toolchain is used?
Is there a Intel debugger/API which could be integrated into QtCreator?

Peter