[Qt-creator] Is MSVC on Windows supported?

joerg.bornemann at nokia.com joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Thu Sep 6 07:59:12 CEST 2012

Diego,
my recommendation for a free (as in beer) C++ toolchain on Windows is:

- the Windows SDK, if you don't need an IDE or use Qt Creator. It comes with everything you need to do C++ development: MSVC, Windows headers/libs, documentation.
- MSVC Express, if you need an IDE. This is the Windows SDK + a reduced but very usable version of Visual Studio.
- MinGW if you need C++ features that MSVC doesn't support or you're porting unixoid software to Windows.

Coda,
thanks for the interesting links! I know that gcc contains a great C++ compiler. Its the quality of the whole package I'm bitching at.

Cheers,

Jörg