[Qt-creator] Qt Commercial Mingw - QtCreator cannot decode my source file with UTF-8 encoding

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 20:41:00 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Pete Klemm <pete.klemm at esysr.com> wrote:

> I installed qt 5.0.1 commercial mingw and I now get this error
> when trying to edit my project:
>
> Error: Could not decode "iobrd.cpp" with "UTF-8" -encoding. Editing not
> possible.
>
> This used to work with qt 4.7.4 opensource mingw.
>
> Is this possibly due to missing unicode support in the commercial release??
>
> Any thoughts??

Hello,

The default encoding was changed to UTF-8 in 2.6. See
QTCREATORBUG-7420<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-7420>
and
the actual change <https://codereview.qt-project.org/34305>.

To fix this, open Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Behavior and change
Default encoding to System.

- Orgad