[Qt-creator] Qt Commercial Mingw - QtCreator cannot decode my source file with UTF-8 encoding

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:59:22 CEST 2013

Hello!

Please note that Qt 5 assumes utf-8 encoded source files. This is the
reason why the default encoding was changed.

Detecting the right encoding is tricky, so creator will not try to do
so. I would suggest to use a tool like recode to change
the file encoding to utf-8 when switching to Qt 5. Conversion of
string constants to QStrings might not work as expected
otherwise.

Best Regards,
Tobias