[Qt-creator] Dismissing autocomplete hint tooltip

Peter Pearson peter at thefoundry.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 15:35:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

Often I don't want the autocomplete tooltip (the thing which hints at
the params for a function) to be displayed displayed when I'm writing a
function call and want to dismiss it - the only ways I've found of doing
this is either use the cursors to move to the line above or below (which
is annoying to have to do) or press Escape (which also closes any Output
Panes).

Even if I do either of these, if I dismiss it on the first function
parameter, as soon as I type "," before the next param, it appears again...

Is there any other way of dismissing them, or maybe some way of
disabling them for a period of time (or while you're on a particular
line)? Feature request I guess?

Thanks,
Peter Pearson