[Qt-creator] Issues output pane doesn't show some compile errors

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 20:29:43 CEST 2013

Hello Ahmed, Hi Orgad,

Could you please send me any un- or misrecognized error together with
information whether it was received on stdout (black text) or stderr
(red text) and information on the actual compiler (type, version
output, etc.) that produced this output? Bug reports of course work
best for this.

Fixing these issues tends to be easy and fast: We do have very good
unit-test coverage in this area (I can provide pointers if anybody is
willing to help out with this:-).

I am constantly on the lookout for misdetected compiler lines... As a
rule of thumb there is no documentation as to what compilers will
print in error/warning cases (with a few exceptions) and the output
tends to vary widely -- even inside on compiler family -- based on
target architecture, the version number and phase of the moon:-/

Best Regards,
Tobias