[Qt-creator] How to add custom toolchains?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Thu Aug 1 11:24:43 CEST 2013

Hi,
I am developing a plugin, which adds and removes custom toolchains to the QtCreator. Do I see it correctly that there is no public API to do this?

The way I currently see it, I could use ProjectExplorer::Internal::CustomToolChainFactory;

Problem is: How do I use it? I have problems with the dependencies with the resulting linker problems.

/qt-creator/src/plugins/projectexplorer/customtoolchain.h:123: error: undefined reference to `vtable for ProjectExplorer::Internal::CustomToolChainFactory'

Generally I know what it means. I just don't know how to add the internal dependency to my plugin project.

Any hints?

Guido