[Qt-creator] updating QtCreator

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Mon Aug 5 15:17:14 CEST 2013

On 8/5/2013 5:38 AM, Koehne Kai wrote:

>> After my initial installation of the Qt SDK, there was an update function in
>> Creator from the help menu.  I've since reinstalled Linux on different
>> hardware and at that point installed 2.7.  The update is no longer available.  Is
>> this something that comes with the online installer?
>
> The UpdateInfo plugin has indeed only been enabled by default in the Qt Creator that comes with the online sdk. But it's part of the creator sources, and even shipped, but disabled, in the standalone installer. I'm not familiar with the sources though, and enabling it 'by hand' is not a supported use case :)

Thanks.  I liked this feature as it provided an easy way to add/remove
different Qt versions.

> (Anyhow, it's also disabled/non-functional in the latest online installer ... the idea is to update it in Qt Creator 3.0).

I did a clean install of the SDK with 2.7.2 and found that out. <g>

>> When I did the last install I wanted Qt4 and had the impression that the
>> online installation would give me Qt5.  Is there an online installer for
>> 2.7 (or 2.8) that will give me Qt 4.8.X?
>
> Right now, no. But you're of course free to download/install Qt 4.x separately, and just register it in Qt Creator: That's actually quite easy ... http://qt-project.org/doc/qtcreator-2.8/creator-project-qmake.html .

Yes, I have 4.8.4 installed already and when I installed QtCreator, it
found it.  It shows up under manual in the Qt versions.  Probably
because I manually installed it before.

There are also two new entries under the automatic section for Android,
x86 and armv7.  Both have a red icon and the details say that there is
not a compiler installed that can support these.  How can I remove these?