[Qt-creator] Dev: add/remove folder in File System view

Sven Goericke sven.goericke at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 23:26:12 CEST 2013

Hi all,

i just added 2 more options to the context menu in the "File System"
view, allowing adding and removing a folder. I don't know why this is
still missing but it was my personal need for this options. You can
review the code here:
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator/sgoerickes-qt-creator/commit/1c5c51c91d9fb1aaa5ee13e3a77bd142e5dbc142/diffs/6f4383409af33df2662cae3d8239fa2797c53744

I created a fork of the original qt-creator and also a separate branch
for my work. Please note that Qt is relative new for me (while C++ isn't).

To the maintainers: are there any serious reasons why adding/removing
folders is still missing in Qt Creator?

Private as well at work we use plain Makefile-based projects and
switching to another build-system is no option. Therefore i like to
improve some features in the Generic Project Manager. I also plan to
create a plugin for boost.test support (while we use QTC to write code
we don't use Qt itself).

Apropos plugin: i just created my first plugin for QTC. It's nothing
big, just adds a little feature i missed. After 5 years of Emacs
sometimes you miss something

https://gitorious.org/qtcreator-plugin-commentextend/qtcreator-plugin-commentextend

Cheers,
Sven