[Qt-creator] proposals for generic project manager

hatred adrozdoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 00:52:39 CEST 2013

2013/8/14 Sven Goericke <sven.goericke at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Hi Sven!

> 1. Instead of maintaing a "<project>.files" list with files belonging to
> the project define a set of file-extensions which should be used in the
> project. So you no longer need to update the <project>.files outside
> Creator but it will pickup all needed files on startup.
>
> I think, this is wrong. My source tree can contain files that should not
be used for indexing and they should not be displayed by IDE. I don't see
other way to do it than to create "<project>.files" list.

But, Dialog for initial adding files to the generic project is a very ugly:
I can point only exception mask. But in over 90% cases I need to point mask
like "*.[ch], *.[ch]pp, ./README.txt" and add some exceptions like:
"./3rd-party/**"