[Qt-creator] use of std::function in creator

Mohamed Fawzi Fawzi.Mohamed at digia.com
Thu Aug 15 14:28:42 CEST 2013

Hi there were already discussions on using C++11, but I would like to use something that is a bit older.

std::function can be very useful to define callbacks, and thus improving the api very much.
It was already available as part of the technical report 1:

#include <tr1/functional>

std::tr1::function

windows released that in 2008, and gcc/clang should work even earlier.

libstdc++ support is not complete (custom allocator are not supported), but if I understand it correctly (you cannot pass custom allocators to the function type) it should be fine.

So with a couple of #ifdef and typedefs one could use it already.

What do other think?

Fawzi