[Qt-creator] Editor unable to find #include files

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Thu Dec 5 10:24:21 CET 2013

On Dec 4, 2013, at 11:30 PM, Steve Atkins <steve at blighty.com> wrote:

> I've seen a regression since 2.6.something where the code model isn't able to find files in #include statements - they get a warning underline, hovering over them shows "no such file or directory", and autocompletion doesn't recognize any types defined in them. Which include files do that is consistent, but reordering the includes sometimes changes which are affected, apparently randomly.
>
> Possibly related, hovering over other include files shows the tool tip "const char *" instead of the file path. I can replicate this in 2.8.1, 3.0 beta and HEAD.

That could mean that some include file(s) have errors (or that Qt Creator thinks that they have.

> I don't see anything related in the bug tracker, and I've not yet been able to create a reasonably sized test case that demonstrates it.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers as to where I should look to start diagnosing what's going on?

Please also make sure that your .includes actually contains the directory(ies) that you need.
Please be aware that there was a behavior change that made Qt Creator stricter with resolving the includes, see e.g. https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-10359

If that doesn’t resolve your problem, please create a bug report (bugreports.qt-project.org), best with a minimal example attached that exposes your problem.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt