[Qt-creator] [QtCreator] Plugin for ProgressManager implementation

Rémi Benoit r3m1.benoit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:58:03 CET 2013

Hi,

I’m currently trying to write a plugin that would allow the build progress
and the number of issues to be displayed in Unity launcher icon. The
implementation would be based on this proposal :
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,33051

My problem is to know if this is actually possible using the plugin system.
Seeing that the implementation is not exposed (defined in
Core::Internal::ProgressManagerPrivate).

Is there a way for a plugin to insert is own implementation of the
ProgressManager. Or maybe re-implementing the ProgressManager so it
replaces the current one? I’d be interested in any example of plugins
manipulating the CorePlugin internals.

If this proves impossible I'll just keep my patched QtCreator but it I'd
like to bring this to the world!

Thanks,

Rémi.
--
Rémi Benoit
Étudiant Master 2 Développement Logiciel
Mail : r3m1.benoit at gmail.com