[Qt-creator] Import Makefile project with Qt Quick 2

Justin Noel justin at ics.com
Wed Dec 11 17:44:23 CET 2013

I found a minor issue with Qt Quick 2 and importing a Makefile project. I
did a quick search of the mailing list, bug tracker and google and came up
with no results.

After importing a large pre-existing Makefile project and editing the
Project.includes and Project.files I have C++ syntax completion working.
When I open any QML file with import QtQuick 2.0 the root item (and only
the root item) is underlined. When I hover it says "Using Qt Quick 1 code
model instead of Qt Quick 2 (M324)".

Oddly enough the syntax completion seems to work for all QML types
including my own. Creator also seems to be able complete the names of
objects I inject from C++ with setContextProperty() which in itself is
impressive, but it does not complete the properties of those objects. Is
that even possible with a Makefile imported project?

So the big question is how do I force QtCreator to use the Qt Quick 2 code
model or what can I do to find out why the Qt Quick 2 code model isn't
working?

I did find this bug which produces the same error message on all the items:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-11040 However, the
workaround steps (making sure a Qt5 kit is configured at startup) did not
fix my problem. The Makefile project is assigned to the desktop kit which
does have a Qt 5.1.1 configured.

Thanks!
--Justin