[Qt-creator] [QtCreator] Plugin for ProgressManager implementation

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 12:42:01 CET 2013

Hi Kevin,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at kdab.com> wrote:
> IMHO having support for the main cross-desktop specification of that area does
> not only benefit those currently using a workspace that already implements it.

How is it a "main cross-desktop specification" if Gnome and KDE are
not using it both?

The only spec that seems vaguely relevant to the topic at hand that I
can find on
freedesktop.org is this one:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/StatusNotifierIcon/

That deals with status icons, which is not what we need. And it is
also listed as being in "planning and
requirements gathering state".

So which spec are you actually referring to?

Best Regards,
Tobias