[Qt-creator] Is Qt on Android this slow?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 14 03:53:35 CET 2013

First, let me say that Qt on android is very cool. But then let me say it's not quite as good as I would have believed. First and foremost, I have no idea if this is Qt's fault or Android's, but in comparing it to the PC experience, it is lagging. There is a definite IO delay in mouse events. There seems to be a struggle in GUI operations, especially when using particles. The PC version is very fast, the feel is that particles are trivial. On my Note II, frames go missing, and not nearly as may are emitted.

I don't know if this is because of mouse vs capacitive touch display, or android or Qt. The note 2 is  quad core arm with 1.0 Ghz, my laptop ia AMD A6  dual core 1.4 (5400 bogomips per core)

Or is there something I am doing wrong?