[Qt-creator] Build plain c++ project issue

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:03:58 CET 2013

      Howdy,

I can't build my C++ project by Qt Creator 3.0.0 because it says "error:
Qt Creator needs a compiler set up to build. Configure a compiler in the
kit options."

How can I fix this issue?

I'm running Qt Creator under Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon x64 and I already
installed all the needed dependencies:
build-essential g++ make libglib2.0-dev libSM-dev libxrender-dev
libfontconfig1-dev libxext-dev libfreetype6-dev libx11-dev
libxcursor-dev libxfixes-dev libxft-dev libxi-dev libxrandr-dev
freeglut3-dev

P.S. I don't want to install whole Qt SDK becuase I just want to use Qt
Creator for plain c++ projects.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi