[Qt-creator] Build plain c++ project issue

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at kdab.com
Wed Dec 25 21:17:48 CET 2013

On Wednesday, 2013-12-25, 21:30:44, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
> On 12/18/2013 02:43 PM, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > Try using cmake instead of qmake.
> > You can also use custom Makefiles (this used to work for me a couple
> > of years ago)
>
> I really hate cmake because I found it complicated and manging Qt
> projects based on cmake aren't so good in Qt Creator (ex. adding new
> files or sub directories) and don't forget cmake isn't packaged with Qt
> SDK (I really love all-in-one packages).

True, Creator's CMake support is still a bit crude right now, but CMake itself
is unfortunately one of the top build systems available at this point,
especially when it comes to Qt support.

We'll see how QBS turns out in the future though :)

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer | kevin.krammer at kdab.com | Software Engineer