[Qt-creator] BareMetal Target Plugin Configuration

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin at op.pl
Thu Dec 26 22:19:36 CET 2013

Tim Sander <tim <at> krieglstein.org> writes:

> So you are using the qmake build system. I would recommend you to use the
> qbs build system where you don't need a fake-qt setup.

I'm trying to do mostly the same, but I just use "import other project",
which has its own Makefile etc. Will that work with bare metal plugin?

> > Then for the run settings I really don't understand. In my case use
> > st-util -p 3333 on linux to start a gdb server, if I put this as custom
> > executable, on run it load the code on the target but on debug it says
> > that /usr/bin/st-util: not in executable format...
> I have not tested with st-util. But as it offers an gdb server it should
work
> fine. But you have to start the st-util backend alongside qtcreator by
> yourself. The host and port describe the port of the debugger.
> The command window lets you enter the custom hw debugger monitor commands
> to load the code into the device and reset the pc to the start command.
>
> If its not working, you should post the debugger log output from the
debugger
> log output window.

Actually that is the same part that gives me trouble... I really don't get
the last step that should be made... I have the kit and bare metal device,
but how do I actually start the debug session? If I do "connect to remote
server" I have to enter the settings all over again (port, address,
executable, ...), and the GDB commands configured in bare metal device
("reset halt" and so on) are not sent to OpenOCD. If I start debugging with
F5 it obviously does not work (I just enter the path to .elf file)... So
what exactly do you mean by "run settings", where should you enter them and
how to properly start the debugging?

As a side note - I know it can work, because if I manually do "reset halt",
flash the code and then start debugging on remote gdbserver it mostly
works...

Thx in advance!

Regards,
FCh