[Qt-creator] Qt 4 vs Qt 5

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Fri Feb 22 16:15:24 CET 2013

On 05.01.2013, at 17:22, Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have Qt Creator show the documentation only for Qt 4 OR only for Qt 5? By default, Qt Creator mixes Qt 4 and Qt 5 documentation, which is quite annoying
>
> I have tried having two installations of Qt Creator:
> - Qt Creator 2.6.1 downloaded from qt-project.org (compiled with Qt 4)
> - Qt Creator 2.6.1 bundled with Qt 5.0.0 (compiled with Qt 5)
>
> then leaving only Qt 4 docs and Qt 5 docs, respectively, in Tools > Options > Help > Documentation
>
> But every time I start "the other" Qt Creator, docs get automagically added to the Documentation tab, thus mixing again.

You can also define a documentation "filter" in Preferences > Help > Filters. I think the automatic filters have lost its usefulness with the split into documentation modules. But you can eg. create a filter "Qt5" there and tick 5.0.0 in the attributes. Then you can use the "Filtered by:" box in help mode (at the top next to the close button and the current document title) to restrict to that filter.

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius