[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 2.8 on Linux - g++ version

Peter Pearson peter at thefoundry.co.uk
Wed Jul 3 09:14:19 CEST 2013

On 02/07/13 16:51, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> Actually, you don't have to build with g++ 4.1. RHEL 5 / CentOS 5 comes with
> g++ 4.4 in repos, and you can build portable Linux binaries with it keeping
> compatibility with RHEL 5.

That's true, but it was a tech preview of it originally for 5.4, and the
way the two different versions of the compiler inline stuff (or what
they're capable of automatically inlining - I'm not sure which) changed,
and while unlikely, you can still run into issues with miss-matched
symbols between libs built on one version and running on another...

I'm fairly certain the binary packages for RHEL 5.x were built with the
base 4.1 version...

Peter