[Qt-creator] Very aggressive Qt-Creator indexing with the latest 2.8 beta

Mohamed Fawzi Fawzi.Mohamed at digia.com
Wed Jul 3 12:59:38 CEST 2013

Just for completeness, the main problem we have identified comes from the interaction of two things:

1) the cpp code model playing it safe and reindexing *everything* when the profile changes (because compiler flags could have changed.

2) directories in the .pro file (instead of plain files), making it easy to trigger a "change" of the project (just create a new file, autosave, or save in that directory).

We fixed the worst issues, and we plan a full fix for 3.0 (making the Cpp code model less aggressive in reindexing everything by checking more carefully if that is really needed).
Hopefully our at interim fixes solves your issues acceptably in the meantime.

Fawzi