[Qt-creator] C++ code navigation troubles at the Qt Creator (2.8 branch)

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at digia.com
Mon Jul 8 10:58:06 CEST 2013

On 07/08/2013 09:13 AM, hatred wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> For the some time I observe issue with C++ code navigation (Generic
> Project, approximate 9000 c/cpp/h files, there is no complex templates
> and so on, one note: declaration & implementations can be present in
> files with different names except extension):
> 1. I load project
> 2. Parsing process is started
> 3. After parsing code navigation work well: I can move between
> implementation/declaration (Shift-F2), Find usage (Ctrl+Shift+U) also
> work well, Advanced C++ Symbol search (Ctrl+Shift+F) also work well as a
> symbol renaming.
> 4. After some amount of time code navigation begin to work incorrectly:
> Symbol usage search found symbols only in currently opened documents,
> Switching between implementation/Declaration also break (but, if I
> manualy open file with Implementation it begin to work for the some time
> for given symbol).

This sounds like the snapshot of files the code model is aware of got
heavily reduced. We have fixed an issue like that recently (opening a
project made creator forget about previously opened projects). But since
it is still valid for you, it might be another issue.

> I can't provide more useful information, but I ready to listen any
> suggestions and to provide additional info.

Does the issue also occur for other projects, e.g. qmake projects?

Here [1] is a patch that adds some qDebugs() in order to track the
snapshot size. It would be interesting to know at which point the
reported size drops permanently.

Nikolai

[1] http://cutebin.fi/show.php?id=1420&mode=raw - Save as file and apply
with "git am <path/to/file>" on the qt creator root source  directory.