[Qt-creator] Behavior of .pro.shared files in QtCreator 2.8 beta

Epting, Thomas thomas.epting at stryker.com
Tue Jul 9 08:01:53 CEST 2013

> > I already had a look at the code and found nothing wrong about it at
> > the first glance. However, even a very simple .pro file (working well
> > with QtCreator 2.7) seems to have no effect anymore in QtCreator 2.8
> > (built this morning).

> Addendum: Even if I change the FileVersion number to 14, the settings
> stored in the .shared file are not transferred to the .user file. (Qt Creator
> build from 2.8 branch.)

Since the problem only arises if there is no .user file yet, I did some debugging on this and found that SettingsAccessor::mergeSettings() returns an empty settings map if userSettings was empty before (no matter what sharedSettings contains).

One potential fix could be to assign sharedSettings to userSettings if the latter is empty in SettingsAccessor::restoreSettings(). Such a behavior was there in restoreSettings() before change 0adde8 from 05 Apr 2013. But I'm unsure whether there are any unwanted side effects with such a change.

Best regards,
Thomas