[Qt-creator] Use of namespaces in Qt Creator's own code

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Tue Jul 9 12:51:51 CEST 2013

On 09.07.2013, at 11:11, Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 09:01:56PM +0200, André Pönitz wrote:
>> (b) Lower case outermost namespace
>> Contra:
>>  - It works as it is.
>>
> - it's non-qt

I don't see the point, Qt doesn't use namespaces at all. So going the Qt way would be to remove all namespacing...

> to solve the clash problem, there are two approaches:
> - use an additional convention (ugly)
>  - FooNames::Foo
>  - Foo::FooClass
> - remove the redundancy
>  - Foo::Plugin

The clash is with things like CppEditor::CppEditor. Of course there are workarounds (or what we started to do currently, just ignore the clash, fully specify). But I don't see the necessity.

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius