[Qt-creator] Use of namespaces in Qt Creator's own code

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Tue Jul 9 13:00:20 CEST 2013

On 07/09/2013 11:11 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> to solve the clash problem, there are two approaches:
> - use an additional convention (ugly)
>    - FooNames::Foo
>    - Foo::FooClass
> - remove the redundancy
>    - Foo::Plugin

Definitely the latter. In general, I've come to resent this "double
namespacing" that we do in a lot of places in Qt Creator (I am very much
guilty of it too). It's probably a combination of mistrusting the C++
language and excessive use of using directives. How about  discouraging
that for new plugins in the coding conventions?

Christian