[Qt-creator] [request] Share some classes of QBS project manager plugin.

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 20:06:00 CEST 2013

2013/7/30 Denis Shienkov <scapig2 at yandex.ru>:
>> Optimization settings should in my opinion be handled by Qbs. In fact it
>> has settings in the cpp module for exactly that.
>
> Yes. Of course from QBS.

So let's hammer down the scope:

Are we discussing a generic infrastructure in Qt Creator that can be
used to define all possible optimization levels of the different
supported compilers and then pass them on to the different build
system supported by QtC

--or--

are we discussing how to set the optimization property from qbs?

My understanding after your first mail was that we are talking about
the first. Now I think we are talking about the second.

> I simply want to add UI for display/change of parameters of the compiler/linker from *.qbs of the file of the current project.
> In order that their appointment was clear to the user.
>
> In principle yes, it is clear that I can edit these flags manually directly in *.qbs project file (as in *.pro for qmake) - but it
> IMHO isn't norm and not always (not for all) convenient! :)

You can also set them via the command line and via the "Properties"
field in the build settings of Qt Creator.

I agree that this is not the ideal UI for setting all the different
properties. We should get a list of all properties defined in the
project (and the modules used by it) from Qbs, together with the set
of possible values. We will need a nice UI to change this data.

This will allow to set "qbs.optimization" to "fast" or "space" or whatever.

It will _not_ allow to specify settings at the granularity shown in
your screenshot: You can just show the settings of qbs, not the exact
flags that will end up in the call to the compiler.

Best Regads,
Tobias