[Qt-creator] Any volunteers for the perforce plugin?

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at digia.com
Mon Jun 3 12:06:51 CEST 2013

Hello!

The perforce plugin is unmaintained for a _long_ time now. As far as I
can tell it was not systematically tested or used ever since Qt moved
from Perforce to Git as its version control system.

Is somebody using the perforce plugin? There are hardly ever bug reports
about it, so I assume there are few users (if any) left. The last bug
report I got (QTCREATORBUG-9435) claims the perforce is not functional
at all, even though I can not reproduce that here.

I do not have the resources to give perforce the work it requires, so is
there somebody ready to step up and maintain the plugin?

If there is no interest, then I propose to mark perforce support as
experimental in Qt Creator 2.8 (which will turn off the plugin, but keep
it available) and remove perforce support in the version after that --
if nobody steps up to maintain the code.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius