[Qt-creator] Is there a way to load qtcreator plugins 'manually'?

Coda Highland chighland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 20:18:28 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:

>>>  Doing so can easily crash the process, if plugin is in use.
>>
>> I would not care much, since I'd restart the creator immediately after the write.
>
> ... if it didn't crash earlier.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Konstantin

I'm pretty sure Windows isn't going to reload the .dll from disk once
it's been loaded -- heck, I've tried doing on-the-fly plugin updates
(not in Creator, but with QLibrary and with dlopen(), cross-platform
and the same behavior everywhere) for stuff I *know* I've unloaded,
and I still get back the cached version. The lock on the filesystem is
just advisory because it doesn't actually DO anything if you violate
the lock.

Would it work to download the plugin to a different filename
(versioned, perhaps) and then inform Creator to load THAT plugin on
next startup? The new version could then remove the old one after
confirming success.

/s/ Adam