[Qt-creator] Very aggressive Qt-Creator indexing with the latest 2.8 beta

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Fri Jun 28 15:26:09 CEST 2013

Unfortunately I can confirm this behavior. For me it looks like the indexing process starts randomly and freezes the gui. For instance I use the backspace key and keyboard auto-repeat to delete parts of a comment, suddenly the index process starts. I have to release the backspace key immediately since I have absolutely no control on how many chars will be deleted. The key events seem to be put into a queue and take effect after the indexing is done. If I don't pay attention, I might delete much more then I intended too. This is IMHO the worst effect.
But it is also not nice to be interrupted for a few seconds while you are just typing a word.

Guido